We’ve been having so much fun with all our Christmas crafts for kids shared over the last few weeks. For this week’s December holidays themed Discover & Explore, I’m excited to share another easy craft for kids~ Felt Christmas Tree Pins! This Christmas craft is very easy to prepare, requires very few materials, and the kids always feel so proud wearing their finished work! (Be sure to link up your December holiday posts at the end of this post!)
Are you following our Christmas Pinterest Board?
Yesterday I shared a fun toddler fine motor activity on Buggy and Buddy~ Decorate the Felt Christmas Trees. And I figured since we were done with the activity, why not reuse the materials for a Christmas craft! (This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. Thank you SO much for your support!)
Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids:
Felt Christmas Tree Pin
1. Cut out a triangle from the green felt. This will be your tree. I’d recommend it being about 3-4 inches in height.
2. Cut out a rectangle from the brown felt for the trunk of the tree. Glue it on the back.
3. Place dots of glue on your tree where you’ll want the pompoms to be placed.
4. Glue on the pompoms. Be sure to press them firmly in the glue.
5. Let your glue dry completely.
6. Once your Christmas tree has dried, pin it on your shirt with a safety pin!
You could also make this felt Christmas tree into an ornament by attaching a small looped ribbon at the top. Or you could make it into a necklace by attaching a long loop of yarn.
Now it’s your turn! We’d love for you to share how you
Discover and Explore: December Holidays!
Currently Open- December Holidays
December 11th- Indoor Games & Play
December 18th- Winter
Please read the following guidelines for sharing:
- Share family-friendly posts related to the weekly topic — kids activities, crafts, recipes, nature outings, printables, etc.
- By linking up, you are giving me permission to share your post including one photo in our weekly feature post and on social media channels.
- Visit 2-3 other posts that have linked up, find some new ideas & meet new friends!
- If you’d like, grab a button for your post — we love to share and want to find lots of great activities to highlight for you!
The linky will remain open for one week. Then all five co-hosts will feature activities in a separate post the Friday after the linky closes. All featured posts will be shared on the Discover and Explore Pinterest Board. (Be sure to follow so you don’t miss any features!)
Don’t forget to follow all my amazing co-hosts to see what they’re sharing this week!